Bath Children's Literature Festival

Just as I was thinking I'd should get off the pc and go to bed, I discovered the Bath Children's Literature Festival brochure is out, and I had to tell you all about it! Bath (my favourite city in the entire world!) is hosting it's 4th annual Children's Literature festival from Friday, 24th September through Sunday , 3rd October. This year's line up includes:Anthony Browne (UK's Children's Laureate), Andy Stanton (of Mr. Gum fame), Tony Ross, Chris Ryan, Jeanne Willis and Gwen Millward, Cressida Cowell, Alan Gibbons, David Almond (his new book...the long-awaited 'My Name Is Mina' is wonderful!), Cathy Cassidy, and Cornelia Funke making a return visit to celebrate her new book 'Reckless'....so many children's authors that it would take me about 3 pages to list them! This year, the festival has launched it's first ever children's writer in residence; Bath based author Julia Green (I love 'Breathing Underwater' and 'Drawing With Light'. Below is the link to download the brochure, so you can have a look for yourself.
And before I forget, on Sunday October 3rd, there are celebrations for...the Moomins' 65th birthday!!!
http://www.bathkidslitfest.co.uk/migglecms/templates/default/images/2010/BFCL_2010_brochure.pdf

And here's the link for their blog: http://bathkidslitfest.wordpress.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rights of the Reader

The Summer of Lily and Esme by John Quinn....25 years

Joyous Jolabokaflod!!!!