Review: North Child by Edith Pattou

My review of one of my all time favourite books, North Child by Edith Pattou, is up on The Bookbag now! This eloquent retelling of 'East of the Sun, West of the Moon' is truly marvellous and one I return to again and again.
(Note to my friends and family in the United States, in that part of the world, this book is published as 'East')
It's one of those moments in children's literature when it all seems to be about fairy tales for me. But then, I believe that we don't read enough fairy tales. Fairy tales were never meant to be only for small children. They are the heart and the soul of who we are as human beings, and need to be revisited throughout our lives. Or as C. S. Lewis put it in his wonderful writing 'The Worlds' Last Night and other essays';
“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”

Comments

  1. I loved North Child so much, the fairy-tale style was so refreshing <3

    Rose @ Rebel, Reading

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Rights of the Reader

The Summer of Lily and Esme by John Quinn....25 years

Joyous Jolabokaflod!!!!