Monday, June 17, 2013

OH WOW!!!! A Lovely Blog Award...

Well, that was a surprise... I've been given a One Lovely Blog Award by the equally lovely Arushi Raj of Novel-Worms (http://novelworms.blogspot.in). This is an award given to blogs with few followers to help promote them. There are some marvellous and beautiful blogs out there in cyber-space that deserve recognition, and I am absolutely delighted to have received it. Thank you so very much!

To be eligible for this award, there are some rules; so here they are:
-Name and thank the blog that has given you the nomination.
-Make yourself a follower of the blog that nominated you.
-Answer the 11 questions that get asked.
-Give the award to 11 blogs with few followers.
-Make 11 questions.
-Informing 11 blogs nominated.
 
 Now, here are the questions posed by Novel-Worms and my answers:
- What is your favorite genre in books?
 Well, clearly I prefer children's literature to any other. Within that, I would probably say childrens' fantasy and/or fairy tales.
- What is your favorite genre in music?
The genre doesn't really matter to me, as long as I enjoy it! Music has to make me feel something.
- Which is the one quote that changed your life?
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop." (said the King to the White Rabbit in Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland.)
- If you can give an advice to younger version of you, what will it be?
 Not to over think things, to rest more and always listen to my instincts.
- What is your ultimate goal in life?
 To always be honest and caring; it is far better to have been caring than to be right.
- Which is The fattest book you ever read?
 When I was rather young, I embarked on a mission to read the Encyclopedia Britannica; there were about 20 volumes, as I remember.
- How many pages did it have?
 As I said, there were about 20 volumes... but I only got about half-way through... I lost interest after the M's, sadly.
- Who inspires you the most?
 children; especially very young children
- Which is the worst day of your life?
 The day my mother died; 22nd September, 2010.
- Which is the best day of your life?
 Each of the 8 days that I got to first hold each of my 8 grandchildren.
- Which is your favorite fairy tale?
Oh... that's a tough one. I think it would be Snow White, Rose Red.
 
Now... here are my questions for my nominated blogs:
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- Which book do you remember most clearly from childhood?
- Did you have a favourite song as a child?
- Favourite song now?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What is your favourite journey?
- Mountains, forests, desert or seaside?
- When you have a day all to yourself, what do you do?
- What is the one thing that bothers you more than anything else?
- Give one fact about yourself that most people don't know.

My nominated blogs are:
Yellow Brick Reads  ( http://www.yellowbrickreads.com/ )
An Awfully Big Blog Adventure ( http://awfullybigblogadventure.blogspot.ie/ )
 
Many thanks to Arushi, once again.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mary

    On behalf of the editorial team, thanks for your nomination for An Awfully Big Blog Adventure! We're all really busy with different projects at the moment, so - if it's okay with you - I'll probably answer the questions and nominate our 11 blogs as my post next month, on the 16th.

    Thanks again - it's very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary

    Thanks so much for this, I know I am months late with my reply. I love your blog! I think I could very easily have ended up in a similar job to you, had my path taken a different route.
    With four children (two teens and two under ten) we have a wide variety of reading interests, and we are all voracious readers, so I will definitely be checking back here when looking for suggestions.
    All the best, Ciara (Milkmoon)

    ReplyDelete