The Original and the BEST Grinch.. and something to remember

This is the original ending to How The Grinch Stole Christmas (narrated by Boris Karloff) and it still leaves me smiling, but with a lump in my throat and eyes starting to well. I think we should remember this while we are rushing around.... hope you enjoy it.

And here is my favourite quote... if you've been following the Advent Calendar of Books page, it's on day one. And it's one I have known by heart since I was a small child. That's a long time ago!

“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow,
stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rights of the Reader

The Summer of Lily and Esme by John Quinn....25 years

Joyous Jolabokaflod!!!!