CBI Conference

Just to play a bit of catch-up, I have to say a little something about the CBI conference in Dublin on 15th and 16th of May. I'm still running on the energy from this great event, which gets better and better every year.
I won't go on and on... as I said, I am playing catch-up here, but I would like to make note of a few of my favourite speakers over the weekend.
The conference began with a brilliant speech by Ireland's first children's laureate, Siobhan Parkinson. I can't think of a better choice for this post, and particularly after listening to Siobhan, the energy and the effort she will bring to children's literature over the next 2 years will indeed be inspirational.
Marcus Sedgwick was brilliant, funny and gave us all a lot to think about.
Mihael Rosen spoke about poetry in schools and how to keep children's energy and enthusiasm for poetry. Then he performed from his own poetry over the years to the delight of us all. Check out his website (http://www.michaelrosen.co.uk/) and look for the classic 'We're Going On A Bear Hunt' on youtube.
The highlight of the weekend for me, however, was the marvellous Spanish illustrator, Elena Odriozola and her beautiful illustrations and her list of 'needs'...the last of which was ' Ineed to not have so many needs.' I can relate, Elena.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rights of the Reader

The Summer of Lily and Esme by John Quinn....25 years

Joyous Jolabokaflod!!!!