Branford Boase Award 2015
1. Bone Jack by Sara Crowe, edited by Charlie Sheppard and Eloise Wilson (Andersen Press)
2. A Room full of Chocolate by Jane Elson, edited by Naomi Greenwood (Hodder Children’s Books
3. Archie Greene and the Magician’s Secret by DD Everest edited by Alice Swan and Toni Markiet (Faber Children’s Books)
4. Broken Strings by Maria Farrer, edited by Helen Thomas (Scholastic).
5. The Year of the Rat by Clare Furniss, edited by Jane Griffiths (Simon & Schuster)
6. Cowgirl by Giancarlo Gemin, edited by Kirsty Stansfield (Nosy Crow).
8. Shadow of the Wolf by Tim Hall, edited by David Fickling and Bella Pearson (David Fickling Books)
9. The Executioner’s Daughter by Jane Hardstaff, edited by Stella Paskins (Egmont)
10. Boy in the Tower by Polly Ho-Yen, edited by Carmen McCullough and Lauren Buckland (Random House)
11. City of Halves by Lucy Inglis, edited by Imogen Cooper (Chicken House)
12. Mars Evacuees by Sophia McDougall, edited by Sarah Hughes (Egmont).
13. True Fire by Gary Meehan edited by Sarah Lambert (Quercus).
14. Trouble by Non Pratt, edited by Annalie Grainger & Denise Johnstone-Burt (Walker Books)15. Leopold Blue by Rosie Rowell, edited by Emily Thomas (Hot Key).
16. Valentine Joe by Rebecca Stevens, edited by Rachel Leyshon (Chicken House).
17. The Dark Inside by Rupert Wallis, edited by Jane Griffiths (Simon & Schuster)
18. Dandelion Clocks by Rebecca Westcott, edited by Alexandra Antscherl (Puffin)
As you can see, there is a strong representation of YA novels in this years list. And I have to say, it contains some of my favourites from the last twelve months; A Room Full of Chocolate, Alfie Green and the Magician's Secret, Dandelion Clocks..... Very exciting list!
The short list will be announced on 4th of May.