Congratulations Niamh Sharkey!

Big congratulations to Niamh Sharkey!!!! Earlier today, President Michael D. Higgins presented Niamh with her Laureate na n'Og medal, which marks the beginning of her two year term as Irelands' second Laureate na n'Og.
"It is a great honor to be chosen as the next Laureate na nOg. I am a picture book maker so my focus as Laureate will certainly be visual as well as literary. I am going to get to do even more of what I love most - promoting quality children's literature and encouraging children to read, write and draw.  I have lots of ideas that I hope will inspire creativity in children of all ages. I'm very excited and can't wait to get started"
Niamh Sharkey, May 8th 2012
Niamh follows in the footsteps of the wonderful Siobhan Parkinson. Congratulations, Niamh!!!
http://www.childrenslaureate.ie/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rights of the Reader

The Summer of Lily and Esme by John Quinn....25 years

Joyous Jolabokaflod!!!!